asma’s wedding pictures

Update: A lot of people emailed me asking how Asma’ did the wallpaper flower thingy. She got it from this website and she used IKEA large white napkins.

________________________________

Asma’s wedding was such a relaxed and chill wedding, just like her.

She was soooooo not the elegant smile smile bride. There was one picture of her with a chain saw trying to kill her husband. And one of her trying to climb a tree.

*shakes head*

I wanted to tell her to behave, but it’s her wedding day la, so I thought I’d let her have fun.

Anyway, I carefully chose the pictures I approve of her, but I’m telling you, it was slim pickings!

Nikah

I was so proud of Asma’. She did everything herself. Everything was DIY, even sticking huge handmade flowers all over her wallpaper. She baked her own cookies as doorgifts, she designed her own dress, she made her own decor around the house. Heck, if she could do the akad, she’d do it herself also! Hehe.

So pretttttyyyy!

YOU SEE?!! Ish.

She made that

She handmade each flower thingy and stuck them on one by one herself

I didn’t get to stay till the end because this was the night I had allergic reaction to prawns and had to get an injection on my bum. Remember the drama night I cried? Haha.

Best friend got married to some Singaporean, got my bum violated by a mean doctor. Bad day for Vivy, that day.

But Mashaallah her dress!!! Too bad I didn’t get to see this one :(

Reception

The reception was during the day, so it was nice and relaxed as well. Everyone was at ease and had smiles on their faces.

Asma’ put up hadiths related to marriage on tables

Ais kacang!

Putu piring!

Popcorn and cotton candy.

(Kids were running wild on the day…)

This was just a pose. She has no idea how to tie a tie.

I’m still not speaking to him.

I love this picture of us.

His face whenever I’m around. Get used to it.

I still can’t believe she’s married!!!!

All pictures by Danial Zain

38 Comments

• krlisa
    October 7, 2011 - 11:45 am | Permalink

semuanya cantikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :)

• faziladini
    October 7, 2011 - 12:44 pm | Permalink

Why-la she didn’t invite me?!? :P hehehe
    What a fun wedding!!

• Admirer
    October 7, 2011 - 1:19 pm | Permalink

I love the flowers on the wall! :)

• Nor'aini
    October 7, 2011 - 1:30 pm | Permalink

Best.will do dis on my daughter’s wedding some twenty years ahead, hihihi

• jojos
    October 7, 2011 - 1:36 pm | Permalink

i loveeeee her dresses ! do u know where she got it made?

• nina
    October 7, 2011 - 1:36 pm | Permalink

masyaAllah!i love her wedding concept and wedding dress!

• Norr
    October 7, 2011 - 1:51 pm | Permalink

Salam -
    nak perut mcm Asma……

• October 7, 2011 - 1:57 pm | Permalink

The pictures are marvelous. Asma’ dresses are nice – simple and pretty. Love the yellow one the most :) and both of you look cute in that bathtub picture.

• October 7, 2011 - 1:58 pm | Permalink

I love love all her dresses! So simple yet so pretty =D

• October 7, 2011 - 2:03 pm | Permalink

nice concept!!

• Laira
    October 7, 2011 - 2:12 pm | Permalink

Hands down, this is my favorite wedding of all you’ve posted.. Kudos to asma for her creativity! She’s the first to make me want to get married this very minute! :p

• October 7, 2011 - 2:44 pm | Permalink

so pretyyyyyy.. :)

• October 7, 2011 - 3:43 pm | Permalink

that was an absolutely beautiful wedding ^_^

• Delia Yahya
    October 7, 2011 - 3:47 pm | Permalink

I FREAKIN’ LOVEEEEEE ALL HER DRESSES!!!! FOR REAL!!! (see? i love em’ so much that i’m screaming in caps!haha)

• Aulia
    October 7, 2011 - 4:02 pm | Permalink

Vivy,i’m ur slent reader..love all your post..but just wanna ask..why did asma take pic with grd dog? Is that is her dog?is that ok we as a muslim have a dog?sorry just asking no hidden agenda..

• October 7, 2011 - 4:38 pm | Permalink

she’s so pretty mashAllah! I think I know her! She and sisters (or cousins? don’t know..) often come to Al-Kauthar courses riiiight?! =)

• October 7, 2011 - 4:43 pm | Permalink

lol sorry for the spam :D I looked at the pictures again and I spot her auntie! ..who also comes to Al-Kauthar! omg i know her laaa. I even spoke to her auntie a few couple of times. hehe xD By the way, Mabrook Asma! :)

• ann
    October 7, 2011 - 4:59 pm | Permalink

saw the album on fb, i dont quite like the pic wz the dog…..sorry vivy..but nowadays seems more and more Muslims taking dogs as pets to be perceived as ‘cool’, ‘in’, or ‘enlightened’. Majlis Fatwa Kebangsaan need to come up with a fatwa on this soon. Is it halal or haram or makruh?

• Mimi
    October 7, 2011 - 5:26 pm | Permalink

people, can you just chill with the dog issue? This is a beautiful post so rather than asking about such things, why don’t you guys just make your own research about the hukum and whether it is haram on something called the Internet? And I’m assuming the dog serves as a guard dog? And as far as I know (and I even searched about it while posting here) there is nothing wrong with that.

Anyway, beautiful post Vivy :)! Asma’ looks beautiful and her creativity is just amazing.

• October 7, 2011 - 6:34 pm | Permalink

the newlywed couple looked so funny & lovely and multi-talented too!

• ~AnGeL~
    October 7, 2011 - 6:50 pm | Permalink

MasyaAllah…!!!

Purrrrrrfect wedding! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! …and Asma’, u are GORGEOUS and FANTABULOUSSSS!!!!

To Asma’, do u mind that people inspire your wedding style?… I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE (times with thousand gazillion) YOUR DRESSES!

and i cant wait to see your’s V! ‘m sure it’ll be jaw dropping… insyaAllah, ameen…

• Mimak
    October 7, 2011 - 7:31 pm | Permalink

Salams everyone!!

Asma’ here :) Thanks so so much for your compliments, masyAllah i loved it too!hahaha…if any of you are getting married soon, i would love to sebok and help you style it. okay fine, im not qualified,but weddings are so fun to do!!!

And yes, for you curious ones, that is my guard dog Mocha. I love her soo much, and by Allahs will, she has been doing a great job at scaring off possible intruders and cats that used to leave their beautifully shaped poop in my garden :)

Anyway, if any of you want to know anymore wedding details don’t hesitate to spam Proudducks email !!! Xoxo

• Ika
    October 7, 2011 - 8:53 pm | Permalink

Putu piring…
    Kalo kat jb , wana kuning & bukannye putih

Nice wedding

• October 7, 2011 - 10:03 pm | Permalink

i love the wall deco! :)

• Mommy
    October 7, 2011 - 11:17 pm | Permalink

love both your dresses. Simple but elegant.

With regard to the dog’s issue, there’s nothing wrong for a muslim to own a dog as long as she/he knows the limit.. there’s nothing wrong of touching them if their furs are dry. If not, only the you have to samak.

• uglyduckling
    October 7, 2011 - 11:26 pm | Permalink

wow that’s quite a big dog even an elephant can be scared of Mocha! anyways Selamat Pengantin Baru Asma, semoga kekal bahagia hingga ke syurga InsyaAllah..

• October 8, 2011 - 9:02 am | Permalink

Asma’, congratulations! I love your wedding so much. And yes, please sebok & help me buat for my wedding? Hehe. Just kidding. But really, your wedding memang inspiring. Congrats again!

• b
    October 8, 2011 - 6:50 pm | Permalink

hai..
    just wanna ask, whose photo is asma holding in the 2nd pic?

• nindya
    October 9, 2011 - 5:31 pm | Permalink

She’s so beautiful :)

• Ariqa
    October 10, 2011 - 1:48 pm | Permalink

i love ur wedding book the one with the thumbprints… great idea.. why didnt i think of that… can i redo my wedding gulp!!…. anyway… sigh Asma heheh my friend happen to see you at masjid Mydin SG during Ramadhan.. did is so funny.. dont mistook as your stalker.. we are ur big fan whahaha.. she snapshot ur LV bag to prove to us that is you LOL!!!! like we can so confirm that… Love u lots and thanks vivy for the post…

• Ariqa u r so dead!
    October 10, 2011 - 6:45 pm | Permalink

@ Ariqa aka Masdaleffa from singapore you are so dead!!!!There u hv it Asmah, your fav fan no1 from Sin City;) she likes u a lot n don’t worry we are all straight people :)

• Dot
    October 10, 2011 - 11:00 pm | Permalink

Such a beautiful couple. And such a bautiful wedding. Congrats Asma.

• October 11, 2011 - 7:17 pm | Permalink

i saw her at alkauthar a few times. haha
    her wedding dress is so pretty <3

• October 12, 2011 - 7:52 pm | Permalink

A lovely post PD. The pictures are gorgeous and she looks stunning in every one of them! Thank you for sharing ;) x

• October 12, 2011 - 11:37 pm | Permalink

I really love the white flowers that Asma’ made and stuck by herself. Seriously beautiful!!:)

• Dd
    October 14, 2011 - 9:45 pm | Permalink

Beautiful wedding!
    Btw, can i knw who’s the caterer ??
    Food choices look awesome… i want d putu piring!

• Arthur
    November 3, 2011 - 10:16 pm | Permalink

Me too….Asma is so beautiful, lucky guy

• Jannah Sabri
    March 18, 2013 - 1:29 pm | Permalink

OMG…looking for ideas for my big day and saw recalled Asma’s wedding pics in your blog. May I know who is her contact for the putu piring, popcorn and cotton candy carts? Or did it all come from her caterer? Me waaaannttt…