And one of the most exciting events for us has arrived!
HALFEST 2012 is coming up!!!
Halfest is the largest halal consumer expo you’ll ever see. Their aim is to introduce and promote the best of halal products in Malaysia. From food, to fashion, it’s just an awesome 5-day event for the curious minds in us.
Checked out by Muslims and non-Muslims, last year they had 50,000 visitors.
Last year’s poster:
Fashion shows by awesome designers like Ammara Hijabi
Well, that was 2011.
2012 promises a bigger and better expo with even more exciting attractions. Over 70,000 visitors are expected to come and visit the expo.
What to expect:
1) Get starstruck with appearances by Dato’ Siti Nurhaliza, Dato’ AC Mizal, Jamal Abdillah, Ogy Ahmad Daud, Datuk Chef Wan, Neelofa and many more!
2) Cooking session “WOKSHOP” with Chef Zam.
3) “Dapur Cilik Halfest”, a kids cooking challenge.
4) The search for “Ratu Resipi” only for the laydeeessss.
5) An all-ladies fashion show themed “Moslema in Style” that will feature many Islamic designers – I’m so excited for this!! The host will be Heliza Helmi with an appearance by Nora.
6) A hijab workshop organised by Anizon Collection
7) A make-up workshop with Mea Sukri
8) A grooming class with Sarahata – quite excited about this too. Let’s face it, being females, we are pressured to look amazing all the time. So we shall learn!
9) Workshops and seminars for entrepreneurs
All this will be FREE to the public! (fashion show, makeup, grooming & hijab workshops require tickets). You don’t have to do anything except show up with a notebook so you can take notes during the classes (and maybe some autographs by the celebs!).
Personally, I think it’s very important for us to know more about what is behind this simple label above. Only the most awesome and the cleanest products deserve a slap of this label on them, so aren’t you curious to see these winners?
Oh, and every 1,000 visitors will get a free iPad throughout this expo! There are 100 up for grabs!
10-13 October 2012: 10 am to 9 pm
14 October 2012: 10 am to 7 pm
PUSAT DAGANGAN DUNIA PUTRA (PWTC)
Find out more here:
To buy tickets for the Moslema in Style Fashion Show: http://www.moslemainstyle.com/ticket/tiket-majlis-peragaan-busana-moslema-in-style-halal-fest-2012