m-a-k-k-a-h

When Dean was telling my parents his plans after marriage, he inserted the word Makkah somewhere in his speech. He made a promise to my parents that he was going to take me to Makkah to perform our duties as Muslims. My parents were sold, and I think my Mom immediately set the wedding date. Ding, ding, ding, the Dean shares were going up in my parents’ eyes.

A tip for all boyfriends-about-to-see-future-FIL out there.

“M-A-K-K-A-H.”

Include it in your grand speech to your future FIL/MIL.

But of course you have to mean it. And Dean did.

If we can go to London etc, why not Makkah? After all, we have so much to be thankful for in life and it’s time to realize it’s all coming from Him.

We wanted to go a lot sooner, but there were problems with the visa and then I got knocked up so we couldn’t travel the first trimester. So finally, when the doctor said I could travel, Dean made the arrangements and there we were smiling away for our visa photos at the photo shop.

The visa process was so smooth and it was so simple, not like the previous time. I guess it’s true, when it’s your time to go to the House of Allah, Allah will make it easy for you. But don’t stop trying and saving money!

I’m thoroughly ecstatic to be here in the Holy Land and it’s definitely going to be a new experience. Slightly nervous because this is my first time coming here without my parents and I miss them already. Slightly worried because of the high expectations people have of you when you return home.

Whatever happens here, I intend to spend a lot of time with God and if possible I want to khatam Quran…. but at the rate I read it, err might have to continue back home. I hope Allah swt will give Dean and I, and our family and friends hidayah to become better for Him and to open our hearts more for Islam.

Thank You Allah for welcoming us here as Your guests. I pray that You will also grant my loved ones and other Muslims back home this same privilege!

Wearing Radzuan Radziwill kaftan at FV.

• S
    February 21, 2013 - 5:06 am | Permalink

Vivy, may i know whether u applied the visa by yourself or went through a travel agent? I’m going in April with Tabung Haji and my dad said i need to submit my passport a MONTH b4 the travel date. I’m thinking of doingit myself if it’s easy.

• Natasha
    February 21, 2013 - 6:05 am | Permalink

Totally teared up reading this post.. You truly are someone every girl should look up to, Kak Vivy. Such an inspiration you are :’)nnp/s – why is the comment section making us do math?! hehen

• hanie
    February 21, 2013 - 6:12 am | Permalink

u look like matsaleh pakai tudung. sooooon pretty

• ibu
    February 21, 2013 - 7:16 am | Permalink

AlhamdulillahnI am your silent reader.

• lala
    February 21, 2013 - 7:42 am | Permalink

Amin. Semoga dapat menunaikan ibadat dengan sempurna.

• farahshuib
    February 21, 2013 - 7:45 am | Permalink

you look lovely donning hijab. :)

• Anne
    February 21, 2013 - 7:47 am | Permalink

Syukur alhamdullilah…doakan agar kami semua pun dapat ke sana

• nadia
    February 21, 2013 - 8:44 am | Permalink

semoga segala urusan dipermudahkan dan amal ibadat diterima Allah swt serta mendpt umrah yg mabrur :)

• nadia
    February 21, 2013 - 8:46 am | Permalink

• anon
    February 21, 2013 - 8:55 am | Permalink

u’re d sweetest..smoga kalian mndapat umrah yg mabrurn

• Feeza
    February 21, 2013 - 8:58 am | Permalink

Alhamdulillah you n Dean got the opportunity to be in Makkah. btw, so sweet of you Vivy wearing hijab. like reeeeaaallllllyyy sweet. Lucky u to hv Dean as your partner. however i pray all the best for both of u.

• shima
    February 21, 2013 - 9:11 am | Permalink

Cantik vivi, :) doakan kami yang lain juga ya supaya spa juga ke sana

• Me
    February 21, 2013 - 9:14 am | Permalink

May Allah blessed you and Dean! semoga dpt umrah yg diredhai…. amin

• hamidah
    February 21, 2013 - 9:27 am | Permalink

Hi vivy, glad you are safe landed in madinah. It doesn’t matter what peoples expect form u when u come back. Just do it everything in this world for the sake of Allah expectations. I am one from millions of your reader pray for your health and mabrur in your umra.

• mamaleen
    February 21, 2013 - 9:32 am | Permalink

Alhamdulillah…. saya teringin sangat nak pegi sana.. :)

• Lily
    February 21, 2013 - 9:54 am | Permalink

Can I cry? I love seeing how dean is so responsible toward you, baby D and everything! You both are so humble and U pray that Allah grants whatever you wishes for!

• axie04
    February 21, 2013 - 9:54 am | Permalink

alhamdullilah

• Lily
    February 21, 2013 - 10:13 am | Permalink

*I pray that Allah grants whatever you wish for

• SM@A
    February 21, 2013 - 10:17 am | Permalink

Salam Vivy …rnrnMay ALLAH grant both of you umrah yang mabrur … AMIN

• zarina
    February 21, 2013 - 10:27 am | Permalink

Alhamdulillah, very happy for you Vivy! :) May all goes well, I have not gone there yet, appreciate your posts later to share with us. Thank you Vivy! :)

• yani
    February 21, 2013 - 10:48 am | Permalink

sent u an email about some tips at madinah & makkah. may you have a bless journey there

• kautsar
    February 21, 2013 - 11:34 am | Permalink

Awwwhhh..alhamdulillah. Baby D will be so excited to be so close to Allah from inside your stomach, as I am sure you and Dean are too! What a beautiful, blessed way to start a family mashaAllah :) I pray Allah to continue to give you Ease throughout the journey. And InshaAllah, you will get to khatam Quran there. Have faith :D

• Gayi
    February 21, 2013 - 11:58 am | Permalink

Alhamdulillah vivy. Smoga mndpt umrah yg mabrur. Byk2 doa kt sana utk kesejahteraan baby & vivy sekeluarga. Like 1000x for ur dua at the end of the post.. Looking fwd to, inshaaAllah…

• TheOnlyFakhira
    February 21, 2013 - 4:41 pm | Permalink

Alhamdulilah, Im actually in Makkah right now. Going home today though. Have a safe trip and InsyaAllah He will give you and your hidayah :)

• T
    February 21, 2013 - 5:10 pm | Permalink

I just got back a few days ago and am now experiencing umrah withdrawals! :’( When you’re back home and you see the pic of the Ka’abah on your prayer mat…that’s when it’ll hit you the most. Well for me macam tu la. Hope to go there again InsyaAllah.

• Lin
    February 21, 2013 - 5:40 pm | Permalink

ala,tak sempat jumpa vivy kat sana!nnI just back from umrah,sobsss

• Nadira
    February 21, 2013 - 6:22 pm | Permalink

So beautiful, MasyaAllah! You just got back from London and now you’re on a plane again to Makkah!! How can you be so lucky :( All the best there! x

• k suzi
    February 21, 2013 - 8:39 pm | Permalink

Barakallahu fik to 3 of u, take care ya vv n dean

• Anonymous
    February 22, 2013 - 1:02 pm | Permalink

Hopefully you’ll get umrah yang mabrur and keep on wearing hijab after your umrah. :) plus u look extra extra pretty with hijab!

• mrscantikmanis
    February 23, 2013 - 2:20 am | Permalink

Salam Vivy! Alhamdulillah, you guys get the chance to be there. How I wish to be there, at least once in a life time.nnWish that both of u will do the hajj, next time. With Baby D. :)nnbtw, you r looking great. Wearing the hijab.nn

• haniey
    February 23, 2013 - 8:17 am | Permalink

I just found ur blog n addicted to it. N almost khatam the whole blog.. btw u look soso pretty wearing hijab… ♥