chicken floss rolls

Don’t you just hate it when you’ve discovered the best mee kari/restaurant/char key teow/gummy bears/insert any dish and then your friend tells you it’s not halal?

CRIES.

There’s this new thing I’m obsessed with; chicken floss rolls. It’s soooooo ridiculously yummy that I kid you not, I have it with me when I’m watching TV/replying emails/in the car/insert any activity and a few seconds later, I’ve eaten half the thing. I found it at BIG supermarket and ever since then, no trip to the supermarket was complete without one of it following me home.

Like just chomp, chomp, chomp, crunch, crunch, crunch.

And then this:

Screenshot_2016-02-15-23-59-16

That night Asma’ told me, I had bought TWO new tubs sitting so pretty on my kitchen counter. Oh my heart. Obviously, there’s no negotiating; if there’s even a bit of doubt it’s not halal, we don’t eat it.

“Why do you look so upset?” Dean asked me that night as I dragged myself to the toilet to brush my teeth before sleep.

“That stupid chicken floss roll isn’t halal. I just bought more and it’s so good and now I can’t eat it. You know why it’s upsetting? Cos it’s always prawn rolls that you find in shops. I’m allergic to those. And I can just watch people eat them in front of me in envy. And these are chicken. I finally can eat these yummy rolls without getting rash all over my face. Do you know how hard it is to find chicken floss rolls? Where can I get halal chicken floss rolls?”

Dean, probably regretted asking the question, just stared at me silly. I don’t think that was the answer he expected from his question.

Ok so really, I just wasted 3 minutes of your time reading this post. But seriously, does anyone know where I can buy chicken floss rolls?

#ohdeargodamipregnant?!

28 Comments

• February 16, 2016 - 12:35 am | Permalink

Wish I can help, but have no idea. #OMGareyoupregnantwithbabynumber3

• Mun
    February 16, 2016 - 7:44 am | Permalink

Is that popiah serunding? If I’m correct, you can buy it at PKNS Shah Alam and if you want to buy wholesale (since it is soooo good, might as well buy in huge quantity), you can buy at Kelantan. My mom always bought so many packages when she went to Kelantan. It’s fresh and cheap.

• Fariza
    February 16, 2016 - 9:15 am | Permalink

I am selling chicken floss rolls!! I can give you the sample…can I send one sample for you to taste :)

• Jeep rahman
    February 16, 2016 - 9:55 am | Permalink

Yes vivy..you can find them in kelantan! We hv the best (chicken/beef/and even fish!) rolls..or better known as popia mini with serunding daging,ayam or ikan. Try looking for them at kelantanese stalls anywhere. Gudluck!

Btway i dont like the prawn ones too..we kelantanese find them weird tasting. Heee

• Didie
    February 16, 2016 - 10:15 am | Permalink

Fariza,

You can just send them to FV office. am sure Vivy more than happy to try them :) or you can contact iman her PA too for delivery arrangements

• February 16, 2016 - 11:00 am | Permalink

banyak la vivy popiah serunding ni…yes do come by at pkns shah alam..my shop is there…nope i’m not selling it, its just our family buss is there. Selling sports merchandise. Come2 here :-)

• February 16, 2016 - 12:46 pm | Permalink

V! Banyak jual tu. Popiah serunding. You can search #popiaserunding in instagram. Got many halal punya don’t worry! My favorite too! *highfive

• February 16, 2016 - 12:49 pm | Permalink

Yes, I know that feeling too… it’s the worst hahaha

• February 16, 2016 - 1:14 pm | Permalink

Mostly V, the popiah serunding is with fish floss rather than chicken floss. I’m selling the serunding but not the rolls. Anyway, any PKNS / bangunan MARA maybe got one, i think..

• nurul
    February 16, 2016 - 1:25 pm | Permalink

do you want it? I can get this for you. locally produced in Kelantan. So tasty and cheap =)

• E
    February 16, 2016 - 1:48 pm | Permalink

So those two tubs.. let me take them off your hands! 😀

• Mel
    February 16, 2016 - 2:04 pm | Permalink

It’s what I face everytime I eat out in KL – everything is halal! My religion doesn’t permit me to eat food prepared by any other religion, so I feel ya sista! :)

• Martha
    February 16, 2016 - 3:12 pm | Permalink

awww.. maybe u r pregnant! hehe

• February 16, 2016 - 3:38 pm | Permalink

is the chicken floss the one you can find in bakery shops (you know, the one on bread and buns) or the chicken floss yang rasanya macam serunding melayu tradisional? i guess they’re both tasted different. good luck in your chicken floss rolls search! :)

• izat
    February 16, 2016 - 3:39 pm | Permalink

boleh beli popia mini isi serunding sekilo rm 30
    sambil bantu ibu tunggal ini.
    012 9218016 alia haryani.
    sekian dimaklumkan.

• Bonda
    February 16, 2016 - 3:49 pm | Permalink

Assalamualaikum Vivy… memang betul ada banyak dijual mini popia ni… keluaran orang muslim, in shaa Allah, halal… home-made some more dan ada dijual online…

Atau mungkin Vivy boleh cuba shopping barang2 di kedai runcit Melayu dan makan di restoran Melayu… sebab ada juga dijual popia mini di situ…

• Baby Muslimah
    February 16, 2016 - 5:05 pm | Permalink

I totally feel u Vy! I literally close my eyes and walk away from those stalls/restaurants that serve anything that I thought it was halal while chanting “Astaghfirullahalazim..”

Now I want sushi pulakk.. Help!

• hood
    February 16, 2016 - 5:12 pm | Permalink

many of our local people selling those. i got mine (a very delicious one) in kelantan. we have various flavour in here and i swear, sedap gila. isn’t toots kelantanese ? might she can get help from her relatives ? #helpvivygetherchickenflossroll

• A.I
    February 16, 2016 - 6:07 pm | Permalink

most importantly…vivy….ARE U??? are u preggy again??? hahaha #imsokepochi

• IbuMuaz
    February 17, 2016 - 1:12 am | Permalink

Hi vivy..

Boleh cari FB Alia Haryani. Ada banyak pilihan.

Sedappp..

Boleh membeli sambil bantu dia. Dia ibu tunggal dan Ada kanser..

• February 17, 2016 - 11:25 am | Permalink

check out this FB –> HomeMade Taste by AnnaRiez

maybe they sell it

• Faz
    February 17, 2016 - 6:53 pm | Permalink

Not cool for preggy women V, I want too. #dahmengidamjugak

• Hana
    February 17, 2016 - 9:18 pm | Permalink

Vivy…vivy…vivy… Hahah! I dunno why but you just funny.Yeah,PKNS has so many mini popia.They are super yummy!

• Silentreader
    February 17, 2016 - 9:56 pm | Permalink

Maybe you are pregnant! Cos your fashion style has drop tooo i dont know! And your photos aiyooo please la too much filter that i cant see where your nose at. Youre beautiful vivy no need too much filter to cover up. Im so sorry but i really dont have any bad intention or negative or anything. I still love youu

• Read label
    February 17, 2016 - 11:26 pm | Permalink

If no halal logo, we should double check before buying or eating it.. even my chinese friend dont offer food without the halal logo.. n sometimes they also google with me the ingredient..

• Syaza
    February 18, 2016 - 4:16 pm | Permalink

I love them too! But i can only get them during festive seasons like CNY, hari raya etc from Jaya Grocer. They’re also halal :)

• Anis Czaj
    February 18, 2016 - 10:41 pm | Permalink

Vivy u can get it frozen mini chic floss roll brand KG Pastry in giant.. i found it!

• Marissa
    February 26, 2016 - 2:05 pm | Permalink

Hi semua, saya jual samosa ayam… follow my ig: premiumbiskut_butter . Vivy dah lama i want to send to you…but i dont know your address.