wet pants

I try to blog about the small small everyday things that happen with the kids so that when they grow up, they have a life journal here. It’s getting difficult to find the time, but I always preach that we can make time, so I’m going to do as I preach!

So Daniel’s all potty-trained now, and some kids take potty training very easily, but Daniel took months! Maybe because we weren’t consistent and still cheated with diapers when we go out so he got confused. But it’s not like we had a choice because he ummm had some accidents in public places including one fine dining restaurant where I can never show my face at again. Oh Daniel.

But he’s gotten so good now after I retrained him a month ago (bribed him with M&M’s after each successful potty session – why didn’t I just do this from the start -___-“). No accidents yet! Until today.

It was just one of those days where everything was delayed and everytime we were ready to go out or do something, something came up.  Forgot something at home, someone came as soon as we were going out, people not picking up the phone, ada je something! I was getting pretty annoyed but told myself to be patient. One last stop before going home – needed to buy milk and diaper at the supermarket.

On the way there with a full car of people, Daniel looked at me.

“Mommy, I want to peepee.”

“Oh no no, wait Daniel! We find a toilet at the supermarket k? Wait a few minutes please baby?”

“Ok, Mommy,” he said clutching me tight.

DRIVE FASTER, FADZARUDIN ANUAR.

We were just turning into the supermarket area when Daniel looked at me again, “Mommy, I want to peepee please.”

“Ok ok wait, Daniel. Just a few —“

And there it happened… a warm gross yet familiar feeling on my lap (he was sitting on me). NOOOOOOO! I don’t know why but my reflex just basically cupped his crotch hahahahaha maybe I thought I could catch his pee in my hands? -__-” So I was drenched, my hands were wet and his pants were wet. Ew ew ew ew ew ewwwwww! It was so so gross that I immediately wanted to scold him.

I opened my mouth to say something to Daniel, but I just didn’t have the heart to. He looked at me looking so so guilty and with a soft voice looking down… “I’m sorry, Mommy.”

OK ABORT SCOLDING, ABORT SCOLDING.

My heart just melted to the ground. How can you scold a child who was trying so hard to hold it in but just cannot anymore? This is every Mom’s dilemma; trying to discipline vs feeling bad scolding them.

And so we rushed home, no milk, no diapers, just two people with wet pants.

IMG-20160207-WA0024

Wearing Mauve Jersey dUCk, FV BASICS pants and Nelissa Hilman flats, all from FashionValet.

I’m keeping this blogpost for when I want things from Daniel in the future. “Hey, remember that time you peed on Mommy?”…..

7 Comments

• dayang hafidzah
    February 8, 2016 - 7:48 pm | Permalink

I love it even with the wet pants, still holdin the Birkin #majorlove

• UK
    February 8, 2016 - 8:21 pm | Permalink

I memang ade spare some empty mineral water bottle in the car. Sangat membantu mase heavy traffic or susah carik toilet. Tapi jangan selalu la.. Nanti keje nak peepee dalam botol 😂😂

• Hanim
    February 8, 2016 - 8:47 pm | Permalink

hi vivy,
    i remember my mom always had a spare bottle in the car whenever we travelled with our brothers. only use it during emergency to avoid ‘accidents’ and not as a habit. btw i m still toilet training my son, he’s similar age as daniel so can relate to u😬 the thing is he refuse to sit on the toilet bowl and the minute we leave the toilet he’ll pee in the pants😭

• S
    February 9, 2016 - 2:45 pm | Permalink

Hahaha i do that too! Cup their crotch with hopes that they would stop peeing. Nope

• February 9, 2016 - 8:25 pm | Permalink

Thisis hilarious! It hasn’t happened to me yet but I foresee it in the not so distant future. We haven’t tried potty training Gabe yet because it is so much harder when the child says “no!” when asked “do you want to berak? wanna go to the potty?”. He looks me in the eye when he says no, I don’t get it, am I missing some important hint because as he is saying no he is pooing in his diaper. I find girls are so much easier to potty train, wit my daughter she will let me know when she has to go clutching her crotch and telling me she has to go pee pee now! When she is done, raucous applause from all and hi fives are exchanged. Momentous indeed.

• February 10, 2016 - 3:37 pm | Permalink

hahaha…trained my daughter during daytime but sometime when she with her babah wait for me in he car, suddenly she wants to pee and as we know when kids say they want to pee pee means they can only keep it in for few minutes..she’s a girl so cannot do bottle trick so we always has few diaper pants in the car..sarung n pee..upon reach home will immediately took it off..now i have to train my boy pulak..

• Anoy.
    February 11, 2016 - 4:40 pm | Permalink

ibu, saya nak berak..in a bad bad bad traffic jammed =(
    so there you go, in his pants. then suddenly he asked, kenapa ibu turunkan tingkap?
    T_____T